Actualizely.com may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you informed of any changes. This policy is effective from February 22, 2014 and all changes or updates to this Policy are immediately effective Visiting Actualizely.com and by using the services of Actualizely.com, you are agreeing to bound by this Policy, and all subsequent updates and changes to the Policy.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- any content provided by you when emailing, calling, or sending paper documents to Actualizely.com
- purchases of services through Actualizely.com
- content that you have submitted to Actualizely.com for the purpose of participating in an Actualizely.com content
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping.
- to improve our products and services.
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize Actualizely.com's services according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. If your chosen web browser is set up to accept cookies, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which pages you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, third-party websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting third-party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Actualizely.com's website and services are directed to adults, over the age of 18. Actualizely.com only permits users to enter contents or sweepstakes if the user is over the age of 18. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, Actualizely.com does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing that persons under the age of 13 are accessing the Actualizely.com website or making use of Actualizely.com's services. If Actualizely.com discovers any inadvertently collected Personal Information of a person under the age of 13, that information will be swiftly deleted from Actualizely.com's records. If you believe that Actualizely.com may have any information from a person under age 13, please contact Actualizely.com at support@Actualizely.com.
If California users have any questions or complaints about Actualizely.com, they may also contact The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs through writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.